- Job title:
- Property Lawyer
- Elgin / Larbert
- Closing date:
- 29 January 2020
Do you believe everyone in Scotland deserves a good home? If so, we would love to hear from you. We are expanding our legal team to include an experienced solicitor.
We are Scotland's only listed housebuilder. We operate as Springfield, Dawn Homes, Walker Group and Springfield Partnerships (focusing on affordable housing). We specialise in off-market sites and larger 'village' sites across Scotland, including Durieshill, near Stirling, which was the largest residential planning application in Scotland in 2019.
We build homes across Scotland. We’ve been around since 1956 – and we moved into house building in the early 1990s. We’ve been growing steadily ever since, and today we build nearly 1,000 homes a year.
Our legal team consists of General Counsel and a newly qualified solicitor. The team deals with all legal functions for the group and while you will focus on property work you will also have the chance to be involved with corporate, regulation, construction, litigation, banking, health & safety, planning and employment matters.
- You believe everyone in Scotland deserves a good home and want to help us achieve that
- You have some development experience particularly with housebuilding though commercial development may be considered;
- You may have some experience of plot sales or residential conveyancing;
- You may have some experience of section 75 agreements
- You may have some experience of construction contracts
- You believe speaking to someone is normally better than writing to them
- You can demonstrate commercial awareness in your previous work;
- You can work on your own;
- You may not have all of the above experience but you can show a desire to learn;
- You will be Scottish qualified.
About the Role:
You will be expected to play a key role in managing the legal issues relating to our land bank.
We have offices in Larbert, Elgin, Glasgow and Livingston. You will start in either Larbert or Elgin (your choice). Working from other offices will be encouraged once you have settled in. We are happy to consider applicants who wish to work part-time.
If you would like to know more please call our general counsel, Andrew Todd, on 07595167554.
If you would like to apply please send an application form and covering email/letter to email@example.com setting out briefly why you want to work for us.