LINGERWOOD, EAST NEWTONGRANGE & SOUTH MAYFIELD PUBLIC CONSULTATION
Thank you for visiting our Lingerwood public consultation pages. Here you will find information about our future plans for this development and ways that you can send us feedback about the plans.
Lingerwood Consultation Information
Allocated Sites h34, h35, h38 and h49
This consultation provides the local community with an opportunity to view the proposals for the new development and provide comment ahead of the formal submission of a planning application. We welcome your views to assist us in developing the proposals further and comment forms are available below.
Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017
The proposed development is allocated in the Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017, however its origin dates back to the Midlothian Local Plan 2003 when the largest part of the site, h34, 35 and h38, was allocated for residential development. A subsequent additional parcel, h49 was allocated in the Midlothian Local Plan 2008. In the intervening period parts of the site have been developed for housing, however the rest of the site has remained in active agricultural use. The proposed development site excludes those areas already developed for housing.
Springfield… who we are and what we will deliver at Lingerwood
- We are committed to building great places for people to live – this involves more than building high quality homes and includes everything a community needs to thrive. We are proud of our demonstrable experience at new villages in Elgin, Dundee and Perth that capture the Scottish Government’s aspiration for ’20-minute Neighbourhoods’ with facilities and services within a short walk or cycle from your door.
- We support growing communities and build capacity through the appointment of a dedicated Community Liaison Officer, producing helpful newsletters and organising fun events from easter egg hunts to pumpkin carving.
- We have a strong commitment to sustainability, with people and the planet as important to us as profit. Our homes are very energy efficient and our developments are designed with sustainability at their core. We successfully engage with schools and support local initiatives - promoting diversity, providing practical skills, developing training opportunities and offering sponsorship.
- We believe everyone in Scotland deserves a good home. We build across housing tenures – delivering a wide range of homes for sale and partnering with high quality providers to build homes for private rent for families not ready to buy and for those in housing need seeking to access affordable housing options.
- The Lingerwood development will create a significant number of local jobs and new apprenticeships opportunities, whilst adding value and investment to the existing neighbourhoods and services
We would welcome your comments on the information provided and thank you for taking the time to review the information. Following this exhibition we will take account of all comments as we develop the design further. A report will be submitted with the application which will detail the outcome of community involvement. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com.
Lingerwood Community Consultation Events
On Wednesday 28th April 2021 we hosted a virtual consultation event to hear directly from the community on our plans for Lingerwood. There was also a follow up virtual consultation event on Wednesday 26th May 2021.
Feedback Forms and Contact
If you wish to submit any questions please do so by completing the online form below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be able to use this function to submit comments online up to 12th June.
Please note that this feedback form does not affect your right to comment on the planning application once lodged with Midlothian Council.
Your comments will be passed on to Midlothian Council as part of the reporting of pre-application consultation who will consider it when considering any planning application in due course. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We will only use personal information you supply to us for the reason that you provided it for. We will only hold information for as long as necessary to fulfil that purpose. We will not pass your information to any other parties unless this is made clear to you at the time you supplied it.