LINGERWOOD, EAST NEWTONGRANGE & SOUTH MAYFIELD PUBLIC CONSULTATION
Thank you for visiting our Lingerwood public consultation pages. Here you will find information about our future plans for this development. This consultation has concluded, however opportunities to make comments directly to the Council will be advertised as and when the planning application is submitted later this year.
Lingerwood Consultation Information
Allocated Sites h34, h35, h38 and h49
Consultations provide the local community with an opportunity to view the proposals for the new development and provide comment ahead of the formal submission of a planning application. This consultation is now closed but further comments can be made directly to the Council when the planning application is submitted.
Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017
The proposed development is allocated in the Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017, however its origin dates back to the Midlothian Local Plan 2003 when the largest part of the site, h34, 35 and h38, was allocated for residential development. A subsequent additional parcel, h49 was allocated in the Midlothian Local Plan 2008. In the intervening period parts of the site have been developed for housing, however the rest of the site has remained in active agricultural use. The proposed development site excludes those areas already developed for housing.
Springfield… who we are and what we will deliver at Lingerwood
- We are committed to building great places for people to live – this involves more than building high quality homes and includes everything a community needs to thrive. We are proud of our demonstrable experience at new villages in Elgin, Dundee and Perth that capture the Scottish Government’s aspiration for ’20-minute Neighbourhoods’ with facilities and services within a short walk or cycle from your door.
- We support growing communities and build capacity through the appointment of a dedicated Community Liaison Officer, producing helpful newsletters and organising fun events from easter egg hunts to pumpkin carving.
- We have a strong commitment to sustainability, with people and the planet as important to us as profit. Our homes are very energy efficient and our developments are designed with sustainability at their core. We successfully engage with schools and support local initiatives - promoting diversity, providing practical skills, developing training opportunities and offering sponsorship.
- We believe everyone in Scotland deserves a good home. We build across housing tenures – delivering a wide range of homes for sale and partnering with high quality providers to build homes for private rent for families not ready to buy and for those in housing need seeking to access affordable housing options.
- The Lingerwood development will create a significant number of local jobs and new apprenticeships opportunities, whilst adding value and investment to the existing neighbourhoods and services