Moray MSP Officially Opens Springfield's Elgin Office
The two-storey building on Elgin’s Southfield Drive is known as Alexander Fleming House, a name that was chosen after Springfield chairman Sandy Adam decided he wanted the £2 million structure to reflect a ‘great’ Scot and asked people for suggestions.
In 1928 Scottish bacteriologist Alexander Fleming made a chance discovery and gave the world penicillin after he examined a contaminated experiment and found a powerful antibiotic. He was the most popular choice among those who were asked.
Mr. Lochhead represents the Moray as an SNP in the Scottish Parliament and is also the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and the Environment in the Scottish Government. Mr. Lochhead praised the company for the quality of their homes and buildings and wished them well with continuing expansion throughout Scotland.
In attendance were Springfield staff members based in the building in addition to tenants of parts of the office structure let out to other businesses. The celebration also welcomed Elgin South members of Moray Council and some of Springfield’s customers.
Springfield Properties have occupied the building since July 8, 2010, after 14 years based at two other office locations in Elgin. The modern 10-room building is now fully let and operating as the growing Scottish house-builder’s main office. In addition the accommodation includes a boardroom and several directors’ offices.
Alexander Fleming House is home to six different businesses, including Springfield Properties, and provides workspace for 82 people.