Type and Purpose of Collection
We collect information at various points on our websites to facilitate your use. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
1. Non-Personal Information
Upon accessing our websites, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected, such as your IP address and any referring website. We use non-personal information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use our websites. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies”, which contain only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on our websites may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on our websites may be limited.
2. Identifying Personal Information
To utilise some portions of our websites or some of the services provided on them, you may be required to provide personal information that would allow you to be identified. This type of information will not be collected without your consent. Your personal information would be collected for the following reasons:
- To establish a relationship with you, directly or indirectly (e.g. through social media platforms);
- To facilitate your service through our websites;
- To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires via our websites; and
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
We will only collect personal information to the extent necessary for the purposes mentioned above. We will not use your personal information for any other purposes without your consent. The personal information we collect will vary depending on how you are using our websites, but may include, without limitation, your name, address, phone number and email address.
As we are a ‘data controller’ we have taken all the necessary actions required to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended (the “DPA”) alongside any other UK data protection legislation. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
Under the DPA you may request details of personal information we hold about you. Please send such written requests to: FAO Data Controller, Alexander Fleming House, 8 Southfield Drive, Elgin, IV30 6GR. We will require reasonable evidence of your identity before we process such requests.
In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information (i.e. if the information also pertains to the personal information of another user).
Any information provided by you can be removed at your request. If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at the above address. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your personal information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on the information we have collected and for what purpose.
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the DPA;
- Ensuring that data is collected and used in a fair and lawful way;
- Processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements;
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate;
- Establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data;
- Ensuring that data subjects' rights can be appropriately exercised;
- Providing reasonable security measures to protect personal data;
- Ensuring that a nominated person is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection enquiries and issues;
- Ensuring that all Springfield Group employees are made aware of good practice in data protection;
- Providing adequate training for all Springfield Group employees responsible for personal data;
- Ensuring that queries about data protection are dealt with effectively and promptly; and
- Holding regular reviews of our data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
Sharing with Third Parties
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect. However, sometimes we need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the DPA.
The parties/situations we may share your information with/in are as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers – we have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of our websites, with whom we may share the information we have collected. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Where Required By Law – we may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements
- Statistical Analysis – we may share non-personal information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No personal information will be shared in this manner
- Transactions – in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where collected information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets
- Customer Relationship Management Software – we use a third party software provider, with your consent, to enable us to tailor your website experience appropriately and provide our mailing list services. The information gathered by this software may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address and phone number. This information is shared by the third party to us.
We may also share your information, where necessary, to provide a product or service you have requested. Your information may also be sent to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service for us or to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose.
Our websites may contain links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating to it.
We operate an ‘opt-in’ mailing list subscription policy, this means we will not sign you up for anything without your express consent.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Springfield Group please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to improving the service and information we are able to provide our users. We continually seek ways to improve and upgrade our websites. As a result, we reserve the right to change the way our sites operate and how we process information. In doing so we will continue to respect the privacy of all users of our websites.
Any improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, may change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which or the purposes for which we process the information.
Changes will be effective:
- Thirty days after we provide notice of the changes through our websites, or
- When you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the changes, whichever comes first.
Please note the last update was on 09.12.2019. If our modified terms are not acceptable, please do not access or use the website.
This website is not marketed towards persons under the age of 16. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information about individuals under the age of 16, we will promptly and securely delete such information.
And our cookies policy here.