Help to Buy (Scotland)
Help to Buy is available for you to reserve now.
Help to Buy (Scotland) is a Scottish Government backed scheme to help you buy your new home. The scheme runs until March 2021 and will allocate £195 million to help those who want to buy a new-build home.
How it works for you
- You can apply through the scheme for homes up to the value of £200,000.
- A 5% deposit is needed.
- The Government will help you fund up to 15% of the value of your new home.
- Available to first time buyers and homeowners.
- Only new-build homes qualify for Help to Buy.
- You can repay the equity stake throughout the life of the mortgage or on sale of the home.
How to apply.
Come and speak to our sales executives. They will talk you through the process and put you in touch with an independent financial adviser. They will then contact a Help to Buy agent who will send you the application form. Once the form is submitted the agent will get back to you within five working days to let you know if you are eligible.
Are there any other options to help me buy my house?
If you’re buying your first home, there is another scheme run by the Scottish Government called First Home Fund. This shared equity scheme can provide you with up to £25,000 towards the cost of your first home. All you need is a deposit of 5% of the value of the house you want to buy. With the combination of your deposit and the money provided by the scheme, you’ll have less money to repay on your mortgage, making your finances more manageable. This option is only available to first time buyers. Find out more here.
What is the difference between Help to Buy (Scotland) and First Home Fund?
Both schemes aim to help home buyers get on the property ladder, but there are a few differences between the two schemes:
- Help to Buy is available to anyone who does not currently own their own home, whereas First Home Fund is only available to someone buying their first home.
- Help to Buy is only available on new build homes. First Home Fund can be used to buy both new and resale properties.
- Help to Buy gives you 15% of your deposit as an interest free equity loan. First Home Fund gives you up to £25,000 towards your home as part of a shared equity scheme.
For more information on First Home Fund, click here.
If you would like more information you can find it on the Scottish Government website.
View our locations